Sunday, March 3, 2013

Winter Training Woes

This weekend was great for training! Friday I pulled out a 40km loop when it was a balmy +9C. Saturday was supposed to warmer, but the clouds rolled in and it didn't get above +4C. I still braved the weather, and rode 62km from Calgary to Cochrane. And I only lost four toes to frostbite (not really, Mom, they are all still there).

But today's training? Shoveling 20cm of fresh snow!


This morning, Pastor Dale at Maranatha CRC graciously allowed me a few minutes in front of his congregation to put a personal touch on the Sea to Sea tour. I met a bunch of good folks at their brilliant Soup 'n Buns time after the service, and gave away a few of my propaganda cards. Here's a big thank-you to everyone I met there for your interest and support!

For any of the folks I met this morning that want to get in touch with me for training rides or other such things, you can send me an email at stephen.byl@gmail.com.

Also, if you're new to the website, and want to get any of my posts sent direct to your inbox, simply enter your email address in the box to the right, and you'll get updates immediately!

I promise things will get more interesting once we get closer to June. In the meantime, I think it's time to set up that trainer again and get excited for more indoor spin sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment