Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Bike!

Last week, I decided my 10-year old Colnago was not the ideal bike to take across the country due to it's ageing drivetrain, aggressive geometry and unforgiving aluminum frame. After a bit of shopping around, I concluded the Van Nicholas Euros was the bike for me, and ordered it from Jesse at Adrenaline Bikes, in Orange County, CA.

This bike is a 58cm Titanium beast, weighing in at 18lbs 15oz (8.6kg). It's got full Ultegra componentry, C-4 custom wheels, FSA Energy Ergo bars, and Look Keo 2 Max pedals. I think it looks great! Plus it is designed for "all day riding" and can accomodate bigger (read: plusher) tires up to 700x28.

More pics of the finished product just got posted here. The fork will be swapped for one I've got in the basement, and I'll probably change out the seat, post & collar with parts from home as well.

With a little luck, it'll be on my door step by the middle of next week. I'm a happy camper!

1 comment:

  1. Nice ride Stephen! Really good to read your news from last month about funding-that's awesome. Have a ball getting geared up.
    Mark
    Mark Ismond
    Partners Worldwide in Grand Rapids, MI

    ReplyDelete