Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 44 - Sleepy Hollow SP, MI to Imlay City, MI

Daily Stats:
Time: 4h54m54s
Distance: 125.05
Avg Spd: 25.4km/hr
Climbing: 544m

Easy ride today.  I started out with the Top Guns, as we once again were the last ones out of camp.  We picked up two new riders - Leo and Peter - both from Ontario, who were also on sweep duty.

Leo rides a sweet, old Specialized Sekine from the 1970s, and we ended up hanging back off the pack after the first SAG.  After SAG 3, we teamed up with Ava, Malori and Betsy, and cruised through the rest of the day at an easy 25km/hr.

After SAG 3 the skies opened up and it rained for a solid hour.  It was cold and miserable.  Many people were caught off guard and didn't have the right clothes, but thankfully I had packed my rain jacket in my saddle bag.

We stopped for donuts and warm beverages in Lapeer at Max's Bakery and chatted with some locals and the owners for a good half hour before knocking off the final 20km to camp.

Camp tonight is at the Imlay City High School.  I'm camping out in the field, even though the gym was opened up for us to use.  It's too hot inside, so I'm counting on it being much cooler outside for sleeping.

Not much else exciting to report tonight.  But tomorrow we enter Canada!! (This means my cell phone will be back on tomorrow night...)

No comments:

Post a Comment