Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 61 - Hyde Park, NY to Congers, NY

Daily Stats:
Time: 4h03m15s
Distance: 92.55km
Avg Spd: 22.8km/hr
Climbing: 1,170m

Today was another rough day for me, and I wasn't in a good mood for most of the day.  I could recount all the reasons why, but there's no point in reliving it all.

My legs hurt again, so I rode slowly.  The Top Guns stuck with me for a bit, and ended up dropping me from SAG 1 to SAG 3, then we regrouped.

Our route took us over the Hudson River on the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge.  This bridge was built in 1889, and has recently be redone into a great pedestrian walking bridge.

The second half of the ride took us down the 9W highway, along the Hudson River, and through Bear Mountain State Park.  It's a beautiful road, but without a shoulder, so it made for some sketchy moments.  Here's a view from part-way up the hill.

Camp tonight is at Congers Lake Memorial Park.  I've got my tent set up right on the lake.  It's gorgeous.  Except right across the lake are train tracks...  hopefully they don't come through to frequently!

Tomorrow is our big entry into New York.  Not sure what to expect, other than a short-ish ride, and a ride on the Staten Island ferry!  Luke, Clement and Rich should be meeting me for the tire dipping on the island at 1:30pm, then we'll be packing up, having our farewell dinners.  By 8pm tomorrow this tour will be done.  Hard to believe.  But it's been a riot.

And here's my final plug to ask for a donation.  We've made it almost all the way, and tomorrow is the last day to donate.  If you haven't made a donation yet, please follow this link and make a donation to help us reach our goal of $2M.

No comments:

Post a Comment